How do parents know what’s happening at the Homer Intermediate School?
- District Calendar: The school district calendar is mailed to every home in August. It is a comprehensive list of currently scheduled Intermediate and District activities.
- Trojan Messenger: Our district newsletter can be viewed at www.homercentral.org. It is updated frequently with news of school happenings.
- District Website: The school district website (www.homercentral.org) provides an updated calendar, closing announcements, SCA information and much more, as well as an Intermediate web page and Intermediate teacher web pages. Parents are able to subscribe for email updates on new website postings in the district.
- Homer Highlights: Each month Intermediate students are given a building newsletter which highlights upcoming social and academic events.
- Intermediate School Community Association (SCA): Meetings are held several times per year. Sub-committees, the SCA web page, as well as school and community events are also ways to learn more about our school.
- Site-Based Team: A team of school and community volunteers that work together to make our school a better place. Please contact Mrs. Falls if you are interested in joining the team.
- Intermediate Handbook: A handbook of rules, regulations, and procedures that is issued the first day of school and is also located on the district website.
- Teacher Newsletters: Teachers in grade levels 3-5 provide weekly newsletters listing things like upcoming classroom events, tests/quizzes, and topics in each subject area.
- Academic Reports: Reports are sent home every 5 weeks, either in the form of a progress report or a report card.
- Student Planbook: This is a listing of classroom assignments and activities that should be maintained by each individual student. Parents and teachers often communicate with a child’s planbook, too.
- Personal Communication: Teachers encourage parents to call and/or email them when there are questions or concerns. Please do not ask teachers to email confidential information.
- Phone: through the Intermediate Office at 749-1240
- On the web at www.homercentral.org -- Intermediate School -- Faculty email